How to Create Third-Party Risk Management Procedures
Create effective third-party risk management procedures.
Creating and keeping your procedures documentation updated is a key step to ensuring your colleagues understand their role in third-party risk. Listen to this week's 90-second podcast to help you accomplish this with five creation tips.
Hi – my name is Brittany with Venminder.
In this 90-second podcast, you’re going to learn about how to create effective third-party risk management procedures.
At Venminder, we have a team of industry experts who specialize in managing vendor risk and giving third-party risk management program advice in various industries.
Part of a third-party risk management program are procedures documentation. Procedures are the step-by-step playbook of how to do a particular job. They should be written and organized so that anyone can pick them up and arrive at the same result.
Here are five procedure creation tips to help you accomplish this:
1. First, add a draft document that explains your everyday flow. It should be a “how-to” narrative documenting the actual process taken to complete a task.
2. Second, reach out to others for their input. Especially when you don’t perform the task daily, it’s important to have someone else outside your process read what you drafted and see if they can complete the task without being familiar with it.
3. Third, decide what type of procedures are best for your needs. This could be a narrative or check-list form, or even a flow chart.
4. Fourth, if you can, add some screenshots or graphics in your document. Visuals will help your team digest the information.
5. Fifth, save and store the most current document in a useful location. Remember, this is a living document that should be updated regularly. Make sure it’s easily accessible and version controlled!
There you have it! Drafting your process, getting input from others, finalizing your document style, adding visuals and storing appropriately is a winning plan for creating tip-top procedures.
Thanks for tuning in; catch you next time!
Subscribe to our Third Party Thursday Newsletter
Receive weekly third-party risk management news, resources and more to your inbox.
Ready to Get Started?
Schedule a personalized solution demonstration to see how Venminder can transform your vendor risk management processes.