Information Security and Privacy
Risk assess your third party's key information security risks to identify areas of possible weakness.
Due to the complexity and changing nature of cybersecurity and information security guidance and standards, it’s become increasingly difficult to identify the data that you need to gather and then interpret to understand the overall risk associated with a vendor.
Venminder’s Information Security and Privacy Assessment (ISPA) provides you with a comprehensive yet easy-to-understand risk assessment for vendors who impact your information security and data privacy posture.
Get a full risk assessment at a glance
Venminder’s ISPA simplifies third-party risk management by presenting the key cybersecurity and information security risks of your most important vendors in critical areas as well as technical details.
Be confident in risk results
You'll know if a vendor is providing regulatory-acceptable service relating to cybersecurity, physical security, business continuity and resiliency. ISA provides a risk ranking for each vendor based on the appropriateness of responses. While a low risk ranking may still require follow up, you can be confident that the vendor’s risk environment meets industry standards. A severe risk ranking lets you know that this vendor presents multiple probable threats or risks and that you should prioritize follow up.
Understand the guidance or standard addressed
ISPA links each assessment item to the relevant industry guidance and standards. Using a standard PDF viewer, place your mouse over the assessment item and you’ll see the regulation, page and section the item addresses.
What It Includes
- Venminder handles the end-to-end process of building relationships with your vendors, gathering documentation and filling gaps through ongoing communication with each vendor.
- You'll see inherent and residual risk in the same dashboard view so the Venminder ISPA allows your organization to quickly understand the maturity of that vendor’s security environment at a high level with the overall risk profile, while also providing individual rankings to show the technical details that your security and risk management experts want to see.
- Narrative commentary around critical controls and control environment ﬁndings
- 8 critical cybersecurity and information security areas covered
- Areas of possible weakness identified
- See how it links to the relevant industry guidance
- Meet regulatory requirements
- With an efficient and cost savings approach, you'll have confidence in the security and privacy abilities of the vendors you choose to do business with
Why It's Important
Keep your and your customers' data safe. By failing to properly manage your vendor cybersecurity and information security risk, you increase the likelihood of being breached and the regulatory, reputational and financial consequences that come with it. You don't want to fall victim to hefty fines, reputation loss, lawsuits, loss of customer confidence, loss of customers and more.